' Opolo - 2013 Chardonnay Central Coast

Shop

Viewing products  6 of 25    « Prev  |   Next »

2013 Chardonnay Central Coast

2013 Chardonnay Central Coast

$25.00/Bottle
Cart Total:  $0.00
 
 
About This Wine:
This Central Coast Chardonnay was partially barrel fermented in new French oak barrels and aged sur-lies. The combination of sur-lies and stainless steel aging results in an extremely well balanced and complex wine. Partial malolactic fermentation adds layers of creaminess and depth which are balanced by crisp acidity and bright flavors of apple and pear.
Wine Profile:
Vintage: 2013
Wine Type: White Wine
Varietal: Chardonnay
Appellation: Central Coast
Sugar: 25.3
Acid: .63
PH: 3.25
Ageability: Drink now, perfect for the warm summer months
Alcohol %: 14.5
Tasting Notes:

Honeyed notes of green apple dominate with hints of peach and honeydew. A lusciously rich mouth is framed by apricots and spice that leads to a delightfully crisp finish.

Vineyard Notes:

Grapes for our 2013 Central Coast Chardonnay were sourced from the Windy Hill Vineyard on California’s Central Coast. Planted on a rolling hill with the rows planted east to west, the vines benefit from cooling offshore breezes that minimize both heat and fog.

Production Notes:

After two vintages of below average temperatures, warm weather returned to the Central Coast! A mild winter followed by a warm spring and near perfect temperatures during the summer months allowed the grapes to mature at optimal levels. The near perfect temperatures coupled with very little rain during the harvest months combined to make 2013 a near mythic vintage.

Winemaker Notes:

The Chardonnay was hand harvested into half ton picking bins early in the morning to maintain the cool night temperature in the fruit. It was then gently whole berry pressed to liberate the juice from the skins, transferred to a chilled stainless steel tank, and allowed to cold settle for 48 hours. Once cold settled, 60% of the juice was transferred to French oak barrels to ferment. The remaining 40% was fermented in stainless steel. The barrel portion was allowed to complete malo-lactic fermentation and age sur lies with weekly stirring. After 6 months the barrel portion and tank portions were combined for the final blend.

 

 

 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 

 

By entering Opolo's Wine Store, you affirm that you are of legal drinking age in the country where this site is accessed.

  Ship to:

OR

  Pick up at the winery
If your state is NOT listed above, simply choose one of the following options:

1) Select a state listed above and provide an alternate shipping address in that state during checkout.

2) Close this window, and continue browsing our wines.

Enter your Email Address and your Username and Password will be sent to you.
Email:  
© 2017 Opolo Vineyards

Design: CALEIDOS
Wine eCommerce by eWinery Solutions